The Department for Veteran Affairs (VA) guarantees and supports the provision of Florida VA mortgage loans to people who have served or are currently serving with the U.S. armed forces. The VA mortgage helps existing service members, veterans and their surviving spouses to gain the ownership of a Florida home.
A VA Florida mortgage loan is not directly provided by the Department of Veteran Affairs, but the department’s guarantee helps Florida VA mortgage lenders in providing loans on favorable terms to the veterans.
VA mortgage loans can be used to:
Florida VA mortgage benefits that only come with a VA mortgage:
- Easier qualification standards
- Less strict credit and income standards
- No down payment required
- Bad Credit Score VA loans Down to 550!
Aside from easing the process of applying for a Florida VA mortgage loan, VA mortgage can provide numerous benefits to the veterans. Some of these benifits include:
1. Provide a VA Gauranteed mortgage without down payment- Unless the buying price of the Florida home is more than its value or the Florida VA mortgage lender requires a down payment; VA mortgage are provided without any down payment paid by the borrower.
2. Interest rate can be negotiated- In order to facilitate the veterans, the interest rate on Miami VA Loans is negotiable. This allows people of the armed forces to own a house on convenient terms.
3. Free from Florida mortgage insurance premiums- Veterans that choose to finance their homes with the help of VA loans are exempted from the payments of mortgage insurance premiums (MIP).
4. Florida VA loans are assumable- Florida VA mortgage applicants can avail the benefit of selling their home before the mortgage payments have come to an end. The loans are transferable or assumable, which means that the new owner of the property will then be responsible for paying the remaining amount of debt.
5. Provision of Assistance from the VA- In case of financial difficulties or during the construction of the Florida home, veterans who have taken a VA loan are provided with assistance from the Department of Veteran Affairs. This helps them in coping with temporary financial problems so that they do not default on their payments and it ensures the cooperation of the builder during the construction of the house.
FLORIDA VA INFO